Announcement

Collapse

New Video available of 2022 Training Tri-fecta

Check out the new video filmed during the 2021 Super Petrel USA Training Trifecta Seminars in November: https://na01.safelinks.protection.ou...%3D&reserved=0
See more
See less

Battery Grounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Grounding

I had a curious issue with my 912is. After flying I would turn the key to "off" and nothing happened. They displays, fans, everything remained on. This also happened over night. The aircraft would "turn on" without the key in it. I ended up replacing the battery solenoid located on the port side of the battery box but the issue remained. A call to Lockwood and to Scoda confirmed that the failure was consistent with a grounding problem. I traced all cables I could, ensured the ground battery bus located between the G3X's had solid connections, etc...
    Eventually I removed the battery solenoid again. The connections all looked solid but I ended up reversing the battery cable and the smaller bilge pump wire. The initial connection had the bilge pump wire closer to the solenoid. I put the battery cable first with the bilge pump wire abutting the nut. Problem has not recurred since (over 2 weeks now).

well done!

Comment

Working...
    X